Member Rights and Responsibilities
As a member, you have the right to:
- Receive information about BHPI, its Services, its Practitioners and Providers, and Member Rights and Responsibilities.
- Be treated at all times and under all circumstances with respect and recognition of your dignity and your right to privacy.
- Participate with Practitioners in making decisions about your health care.
- A candid discussion of appropriate or medically necessary treatment options for your conditions, regardless of cost or benefit coverage.
- Voice complaints or appeals about BHPI or the care provided.
- Make recommendations regarding BHPI’s Members’ Rights and Responsibilities policies.
As a member, you have a responsibility to:
- Provide, to the extent possible, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to your health that BHPI and its Practitioners and Providers need in order to care for you.
- Follow the plans and instructions for care that you have agreed upon with your Practitioners.
- Participate, to the degree possible, in understanding your health problems and, to the degree possible, participate in developing mutually agreed upon treatment goals.
If you would like more information about our Member Rights and Responsibilities Statement, please contact Member Services 833-355-BHPI (2474)